Monday, January 26, 2015

Watercolor So Happy For You Card

Over the holidays, I wanted to give watercolors a try after seeing watercoloring used as a technique on various layouts and cards recently. I picked up an inexpensive 24-color set at Jo-Ann to get started with.

Having taken several art classes in high school, it crossed my mind at one point, why didn't I give watercolors a try then? I thought the idea of watercoloring a whole painting daunting at the time. I had given oil painting a try in high school and that proved to be really hard for me, not my thing.

Even now, I couldn't produce any sort of watercolor painting, but just painting pretty colors abstractly on a card? Done.

Watercolor So Happy For You Card | shirley shirley bo birley Blog
Watercolor So Happy For You Card | shirley shirley bo birley Blog

I had a particular recipient in mind when I made this card - a couple that we are friends with got engaged over the holidays. I first went with white embossing for the sentiment, but it didn't stand out enough against the watercolored background, so I added silver embossing over it, off-setting it a bit.

SUPPLIES:

Paper: Bazzill Basics Paper silver cardstock
Embellishments: silver sequins from Jo-Ann
Stamps: Jillibean Soup Handwritten Sentiments stamp set
Tools: Loew-Cornell Dry Pan Watercolor Paint Cakes 24 Colors from Jo-Ann; white and silver embossing powder from Jo-Ann; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Ink: Tsukineko VersaMark clear pigment ink

OTHER WATERCOLOR CARDS:

Pink Ombre Watercolor and Gold Embossed Card
Mint Ombre Watercolor and Copper Embossed Card
Heart Sequin Love Card
Green Monochromatic Watercolor Die Cut Card
Silver Feather Congrats Card
Watercolor Stained Glass Effect Card

Blog Design by Get Polished | © 2018 shirley shirley bo birley blog