Monday, October 24, 2016

London Highlights

Before leaving Europe back in August, I stopped in London for a couple of days to sight-see. Greg loves London, and so while I was glad that he was home with the kids, I also wished that he could have gone around London with me those couple of days (and, say, get afternoon tea at The Orangery at Kensington Palace).

After I arrived in Heathrow on Friday morning, I took the Heathrow Express to Paddington station. The hotel I booked (Mitre House) was only a couple of blocks from the station. I was able to check in early and drop off my luggage before heading back out to explore. The first afternoon, I took the tube from Paddington station to Picadilly. I also went over to 221B Baker Street. Although I thought about checking out the Sherlock Holmes museum, it must've been a tour stop, because the line to get in was crazy long. I headed back to the hotel before it got dark, and found a place to eat dinner nearby, Salt & Honey Bistro.

The second day, I explored some other parts of London, including Big Ben and Westminster Abbey, and went over to Buckingham Palace. I also saw a play, Mamma Mia, and really enjoyed it (because, plays!). After that, I had dinner at Dishoom, which a former co-worker who now lives in London recommended.

Sunday morning, the day that I flew back to the US, I decided to just hang out at a nearby cafe in between checking out of the hotel and heading back to the airport.

Kensington Palace gardens:
London Highlights | shirley shirley bo birley Blog

Westminster Abbey:
London Highlights | shirley shirley bo birley Blog

Dinner at Salt & Honey Bistro the first night (top) and Dishoom the second night (bottom):
London Highlights | shirley shirley bo birley Blog

Blog Design by Get Polished | © 2018 shirley shirley bo birley blog