Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Twine-wrapped Utensil Holder

For my Whisker Graphics project this month, I used several colors of solid Divine Twine to make this colorful utensil holder:

Twine-wrapped Utensil Holder | shirley shirley bo birley Blog
Twine-wrapped Utensil Holder | shirley shirley bo birley Blog
Twine-wrapped Utensil Holder | shirley shirley bo birley Blog

I didn't have pencils on hand (at least not the natural wood ones I wanted), so I used some pretty chopsticks as props instead!

Here's a short how-to video, with instructions below:


INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Find a container to re-purpose. In my case, I chose to use an old Almond Roca container.
  2. Gather a paint brush and white acrylic paint to cover up the label. I think it would've been okay not painting over, because the twine will cover all of it, but I didn't want to take the chance that the label might show through.
  3. Paint two coats of white acrylic paint over the label and let dry.
  4. Pick colors of twine.
  5. Wrap twine around the container, using little drops of glue to secure the beginning and ends of each strand of twine.

Blog Design by Get Polished | © 2018 shirley shirley bo birley blog