Friday, March 27, 2015

Parker's Thank You Cards

For thank you cards I sent for Parker's baby gifts, I made a smaller card (2.5 x 3.5 inches) and went with an elephant theme (I also used an elephant on Parker's monthly photo badges).

I cut the elephant from gray Bazzill cardstock with my Silhouette. I backed the elephant ear with Green Apple Divine Twine, which also gave it some dimension when I adhered it to the card. For the background, I watercolored blue, green, and yellow, then stamped the script in Weathered Wood Distress Ink.

Parker's Thank You Cards | shirley shirley bo birley Blog
Parker's Thank You Cards | shirley shirley bo birley Blog

I ended up watercoloring the majority of the cards assembly line-style, meaning first I watercolored blue on all the cards, let them dry, then waterecolored green on all the cards, let dry, and lastly, yellow. That resulted in watercoloring like the card on the left, with more defined strokes of watercolor. The watercoloring on the card on the right is more blended because I did all three colors at the same time, which allowed me to blend more on the paper while all three colors were wet.

SUPPLIES:

Paper: Bazzill Basics Paper (gray and robin's egg cardstock); Fox River Paper Co beige cardstock
Embellishments: Green Apple Divine Twine
Stamps: Hero Arts Manuscript Background
Tools: Loew-Cornell Dry Pan Watercolor Paint Cakes 24 Colors from Jo-Ann; Silhouette Cameo and elephant shape (design #20914);
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink in Weathered Wood

Blog Design by Get Polished | © 2018 shirley shirley bo birley blog