Monday, December 30, 2013

Purple Ombre Chevron Quilt

Earlier this year, I made Greg this neutral square quilt with anti-pill fleece batting and minky backing. Subsequent to that, and before the weather started to get chilly, I finished making a similar quilt for myself using purple fat quarters that we got at a quilt shop during a road trip a few years ago.

I went with a chevron pattern, and arranged the pattern to go from light to dark to get somewhat of an ombre effect. I also decided - in contrast to the way I did Greg's quilt - to give "real" binding a try on this quilt, and discovered that the hand-stitching part was pretty time consuming.

IMG_4927_PurpleChevronQuiltFront
IMG_4931_PurpleChevronQuiltBack

The minky fabric for the backing is a floral/swirl pattern from Etc. Scrapbooks, Fabric & More (as was Greg's brown striped minky backing). They have a larger selection of minky fabrics that you can't find at JoAnn's, but the drawback is that you can't use 40% off coupons like you can at JoAnn's, so 2+ yards of minky fabric can get pricey.

I'm kind of itching to do another quilt soon, but not sure what pattern or colors yet, although I did come across this self-binding quilt technique that I'd like to give a try at some point.

Blog Design by Get Polished | © 2018 shirley shirley bo birley blog